GWTA Board of Directors Minutes
November 13, 2012 Meeting
Present: Yona Bar-Zeev, Roberta Phelps, Christine Tatum, Rosanne Boswell, Faye Campbell, Cindy Retchin, Marie Boykin, Dana Emory, Anne Lorenz, Tom Parkes, Joan Bar-Zeev, Barbara Morton, Julieann Sample, Kenny Martin, Anna Martin, Judy Watford
- Minutes from Sept 11, 2012 meeting were presented and Chris Tatum moved to have them entered into the record. Motion was seconded by Roberta Phelps and unanimously approved.
- Yona reported that the GWTA Website revision is in progress and will be tested soon. Yona also requested information from all committees be submitted for the Newsletter and website publication.
- Yona motioned approval of $300 funding requested by Tari-Ann Toro to support the Adopt-A-Unit Project. This project is in sync with the USTA’s commitment to this project. The motion was seconded by Roberta Phelps and unanimously approved.
- Roberta Phelps presented a proposal to donate $500 for the victims of Sandy. The motion was seconded by Yona Bar-Zeev and was not approved by the board (2-3). The board recognized the efforts by the private clubs and recommended individuals support thru existing projects.
- The Treasurer’s report was presented by Yona and entered into the record. Yona presented the 2013 budget and motioned for approval. The motion was seconded by Roberta Phelps and unanimously approved by the board.
- Anna Martin presented the Slate of officers for 2013-2014recommended by the Nominating Committee with recommended changes to Board of Director Positions described in the By-Laws. The motion was seconded by Roberta Phelps and unanimously approved.
- Yona and Anna present the Private Facilities Grant to the board for approval and the motion was seconded by Chris Tatum and unanimously approved.