Current Volunteer Positions
- NC State Combo Championships - 2 weekends Nov. 5 - 15, 2015
This state wide championship brings over 2500+ people to Wilmington and has a HUGE economic benefit to the area. We are looking for volunteers for the following positions:
- Site Coordinators - check in teams and send them to the courts, record and report scores and generally have a great time!
- Player Party Volunteers - set up & decorate, make sure things run smoothly & help break down the event space
- Sponsorship & Marketing Committee - help spread the word and sign sponsors up
- L6 Entry Level Youth Tournament Volunteers
- Tennis Up! Elementary School Organizers
- Middle School Coaches / Organizers
- COME SHARE YOUR LOVE OF TENNIS! Help the Abilities Tennis Association of North Carolina
On April 11, 2015, ATANC's "Swing into Spring" Adaptive Tennis Tournament will be held at Althea Gibson Tennis Center. The tournament is open to children and adults with intellectual disabilities. Athletes will compete in singles, doubles, and unified doubles, both full and short court. We will also have a skills clinic for beginning athletes.
We are in need of volunteer:
- 2 or 3 photographers
- tournament desk personnel
- **tennis players to act as teachers/coaches (teaches basic instruction to our skilled/beginning Athletes)
- Unified Partners
We are seeking volunteers to work in 3+ hour shifts: 9:15am-1pm and/or 12:15-4pm. We will need 60 or more volunteers, so please consider helping out with this great event.
To register as a volunteer: http://atanc.org/event-registration/?ee=3845
Please specify the volunteer spot you would like to fill and the shift(s) you are available.
**If you volunteer as a teacher/coach for our skills clinic, you don’t need to be tennis pro. You will be tossing balls to beginning athletes and teaching very basic strokes. If you are a tennis player, you can volunteer as a teacher/coach.
The mission of the GWTA is "to promote and develop the growth of tennis within the Greater Wilmington Area". The fulfillment of this mission is dependent on our wonderful volunteers who make great strides growing the game of tennis at the grass roots level!
How can you help? Everyone has different abilities and resources that they can use to help increase participation in tennis, bring tournaments and financial benefit to the community and spread the word about what a fantastic sport tennis is. What part can you play in:
- Promoting of tennis as a means of healthful recreation and physical fitness.
- Developing tennis programs for all levels of adult players from all types of backgrounds in the public facilities, schools, and private facilities.
- Developing tennis programs for all levels of junior players from all types of backgrounds in public facilities, schools and private facilities.
- Coordinating and growing partnerships with all other area tennis organizations and Park and Recreation/Garden Departments to accomplish our stated mission.
- Serve as a resource organization for area tennis organizations and area parks & recreation departments for tennis related activities.
To view and download our GWTA Volunteer Interest Form, click HERE.